7/9/10

an interupted summer

Summer. It's supposed to be filled with trips down the river on rafts lugging Palm Beach coolers and Lucky behind it, excursions to the Seebe cliffs for jumping and amazing photos, jaunts to the waterpark with Little LJ.... not overcast with a broken wrist. Sad.

Apparently, falling off the truck equals a bad idea.

Given my new situation, I have come to realize how useful two wrists are.
It is hard to put my hair in a ponytail, wash dishes (hair, anything really), type and text, flip through a book and/or read (summer reading list is suffering), open jars, cut toast and eggs, scoop ice cream, you get the idea.

Thank your wrists every now and then - even your non-dominant one. it might save your ass (or arm and entire left half of your body).

In other news, we had perogies for dinnah tonight and they were fantastic and delicious. thank you, Annie, from the Hinton farmers market. You are my hero.

1 comment:

  1. Dang! I'm sorry to hear this and I hope it heals soon!

    I second your ideal Summer by the way... so far this Summer doesn't seem to have started. I want to lounge by the HA pool, raft down the river and cliff jump! Come on weather, work with us here. And also work schedules...these need to line up better.

    Looking forward to seeing you on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete