1/1/11

Oh, hello 2011.

The concept of New Year's baffles me.  I don't get really excited for it.  It just time stamps another year gone and the beginning of "the best year yet"in the words of nearly every friend on facebook.  The holiday does bring a countdown of The Top ___ (5? 50? 100?) Videos of ____(fill in 2010, 2000s, all time, what ever strikes your fancy).  I rang in 2011 at work, with some very nice customers and cheap but pretty good brut (I wince at the thought of using champagne, it would be an insult).  Then I came home and spent the first hours of the year sleeping, drinking coffee and doing a crossword, making an exquisite breakfast for one, and knitting a headband- I only left the house to spray paint a frame on my stoop.  I can't really think of a better way to start a day, especially a new one.

Some time ago, I found a list.  And I like lists.  I think I'll follow this list through to the end, because I also like to finish things (...eventually):  

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession


No comments:

Post a Comment